Featured Video Play Icon

Piața Sfatului from Brașov, Romania

Already from the 14thcentury, markets were constantly held in Piața Sfatului in Brașov and produce was exchanged. Back then it was called Marktplatz. The space is dominated by the Casa Sfatului, constructed in 1420. It not only forms the centre of the square, but also offers an interesting chromatic counterpoint, through its lightcolour, to the nearby Schwarze Kirche, the Black Church, visible from the square.